11 June 2008

slow goin'

well, I only have one sock done. I do admit, I am a slow knitter (I've been knitting for about 6 months), but I also work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week (I only work during the summer), so I can "winter" in the Caribbean. And it's summer in Alaska, which for me, means fishing, camping, and work, but in my free time, I knit. I actually finished my first sock this past weekend around a campfire while fishing on the Kenai River. So, even though I it has been slow going, it's been a very fun event so far (I'm hoping to get at least half the pairs done - I will be 'catching up' in the winter). It's also my second sock ever, so I'm still learning how to use dpns - which I find to be a lot of fun. Good luck everyone. I will post a picture of my pair when I get the other done - I am already quite impressed with myself as the first one turned out pretty nice.

No comments: