25 May 2008

Sorting and Gathering

Okay, today's the day. I have loaded my queue on Ravelry with sock patterns, jotted down a few more, and unpacked as many boxes as I can stand in my new apartment. (I hate moving!!) More importantly, I have dug down to the yarn stash boxes. So I'm going to go through my sock yarn and match it up with patterns, and put them together. I'm considering someone else's suggestion of putting yarn and pattern in paper bags and then picking a new one when it's time to start a new pair. Sort of like my own surprise sock club. I think I might mark the bags with some code to indicate the relative difficulty of the pattern though. Some weeks you just need mindless knitting, other weeks you can tackle something more complicated. Maybe a one through four star code, one being easy and mindless, four being "turn the TV off and concentrate." Now if I could just find the paper bags...

1 comment:

Redtabby said...

Ooh, that is such an interesting idea.